to entertain, educate, inspire and provoke thoughtful dialogue through live theatre.
striving to advance the development of live theatre and to expand its impact in the region by enriching lives, embracing diversity, and increasing the value of artistic expression.
to promote and foster appreciation and awareness of the arts through live theatre.
our commitment to diversity and equity
we believe all people should have access to live theatre, regardless of socioeconomic status, racial identification, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or any other discriminatory factors. We understand that enacting policy in a just and equitable manner requires consideration of critical issues of implicit bias and discrimination to achieve concerted and purposeful action. ICT is committed to creating equity both internally through the office environment and externally through performances and community programming in the following ways:
To display informed, authentic leadership for cultural equity, we strive to...
- Regard diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff, the artists we work with, and the community we serve.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all board members and employees to embrace this notion and to convey it in workplace interactions, board meetings, and in everyday practice.
- Pursue cultural consciousness throughout our organization using substantive learning and discussion around topics of diversity, equity, and inclusion to improve communication and awareness.
- Acknowledge and improve any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services with periodic evaluation to ensure relevant amendments are achieved.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our board, staff, and advisory bodies.
To pursue needed systemic change related to equity in theatre, we strive to…
- Use the stage to share stories of diversity, equity, and inclusion to create learning opportunities for our patrons and provoke thoughtful dialogue.
WHAT WE DO:
Our support system:
ICT has a history of fiscal responsibility and continues to run in the black. Our productions and programs reach more than 30,000 people a year. We also form partnerships with community members to bring our diverse community together, to introduce students to live theatre, and to raise funds for college scholarships.
Click the following links to learn more about The Board of Directors, Artistic Director/Producer caryn desai, and ICT's staff. Or find more information on auditioning for our shows or our restaurant partnerships.