Planned & Endowment Giving
Planned Giving creates partnership opportunities for both the donor and International City Theatre. Determining what gift is right for you is just as important as making the gift. The correct estate plan for you balances what you wish to accomplish for yourself, your family, and your charitable interests in your overall estate and financial plans.
International City Theatre wants you to know about some unique financial tools you can use while working with your financial advisor or attorney to plan your gift so that it also returns benefits to you.
Did You Know:
- You don’t have to use cash to make your gift. Donors are discovering the ease and added benefits of giving gifts of appreciated securities. The income tax deduction is the same as a cash gift, is based on the value of the securities at the time you make the gift, and you pay no capital gains tax on the transfer. ICT can immediately use the proceeds for the purpose you designate or for much-needed general support.
- You can give an asset that may help us more than it’s helping you – such as a life insurance policy whose coverage your family no longer needs, or real estate like a second home or a parcel of undeveloped land, or even a collection of artwork that you no longer have room to display.
- You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime – name International City Theatre as a beneficiary of your will or revocable trust, or of your retirement plan.
- You can make International City Theatre a partner in your giving – you can deed us your home but continue to live there.
- You can turn assets into income and enjoy a tax deduction with a charitable gift annuity. This gift vehicle might be an attractive option for those who are retired, want to increase their cash flow, desire the security of guaranteed payments, and wish to save on taxes.
- You can make a gift of stock by electronic transfer. This form of giving can create tax savings for the donor while fulfilling their philanthropic wishes, creating a double benefit!
If you have included International City Theatre in your estate plans, we hope you will inform us. We want to be able to recognize you for your generous intent on our Wall of Honor, and also make sure the gift will be appropriately stewarded.
Of course, a gift to International City Theatre through your estate may also lessen the tax burden to your heirs.
There are many options in making your long-term plans with community philanthropy in mind. Please contact Millie Heur, Development Associate, at 562-495-4595 x 104, or by emailing email@example.com for more information.